#3 troubleshoot: OSD – Content location request for IDXXXXXX:X failed (Code 0x80040102)

I was working with a new build and capture of Windows 8 deployment but at the begin of the task sequence in WinPE I got this message.

Content location request for IDXXXXXXX failed (Code 0x80040102) See screenshot:

So, the only thing you have to do is, go to Administration in the console and go to Boundary Groups. Right click on the item and go to properties. I have got 1 item. Maybe you have more.

This is an infra is migrate from a SCCM 2007 infrastructure. That’s the reason of the name.

G

Go to the Reference tab.

And enable “Use this boundary group for site assignment” and choose for the correct site.

Also add the content location. Choose for your distribution point.

You are done..

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “#3 troubleshoot: OSD – Content location request for IDXXXXXX:X failed (Code 0x80040102)

  1. Dude, I just want to say thanks a mil for this! I’ve been racking my brain for 2 days about this bloody problem. Just want to say thanks for taking the time to write this. You’re awesome!

  2. Duuuuude, thank you very much! You are the best, we were struggling for a couple of days. Now it works fine. Cheers and all the best!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

w

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.