Microsoft has announced new capabilities coming to Microsoft Intune for mobile device and application management.
Microsoft Intune helps organizations provide their employees with access to corporate applications, data, and resources from virtually anywhere on almost any device, while helping secure corporate information. As a cloud service, we continue to rapidly add new capabilities to Intune, over the next few months we will roll out:
- Intune-managed Office mobile apps that enable your workforce to securely access corporate data using the apps they know and love while preventing data leakage by restricting actions such as copy/cut/paste/save as and ‘open-in’ between apps in your managed app ecosystem
- App wrapping capabilities that help secure your existing line-of-business applications, integrating these apps into your managed app ecosystem without further development or code changes
- Managed browser, PDF viewer, AV player, and Image viewer apps for Intune that allow users to securely view content on their devices within the managed app ecosystem
- Grant access to corporate resources, including access to Exchange email, based upon device enrollment and compliance policies set by the administrator
- Bulk enrollment of devices using Apple Configurator or service account, simplifying administration and enabling policies and applications to be deployed at a large scale
These are just a few of the great features coming to Intune over the next two months.
This is a part of a blogpost from Microsoft Enterprise Mobility: http://blogs.technet.com/b/enterprisemobility/archive/2014/10/28/enterprise-mobility-teched-announcements.aspx?WT.mc_id=Blog_Intune_Announce_PCIT